December 17, 2016
December 18, 2016
In all divisions, national federation high school rules apply with the exception of a few minor things.
- Two (2) twenty-four (24) minute halves of running time, with a three (3) minute break between halves.
- Each team has one (1) time-out per half. If the time-out is not used in the first half, it will not carry over to the second half. Time-outs are clock stoppages. After thirty (30) seconds a whistle will blow and the clock will automatically start.
- Referees will be responsible for keeping the play clock of 25 seconds.
- In the case of an injury the clock will stop for a maximum of two minutes total. Past the allotted two minutes, the clock will start running again; stoppage time is based on the discretion of the referee, depending on the game and schedule situation (two minute stoppage is for the entire game). The injured player must be removed from the field of play and not participate for one (1) down.
- Games may start up to five (5) minutes early if the field is available in order to keep the games on schedule throughout the day.
- Game time is forfeit time; any team unable to field a team upon the start of the referees whistle will receive a loss for that game.
- The last two minutes of each half the clock will run by "regulation" rules.
- A modified clock is used so we can fit in all the games and stay on schedule. This format will allow games to be played.
- PAT Rules Scoring System (After Touchdown: 1pt for run or pass, 2pt for kick)
All players are to play in the proper division; that's why we will have certified rosters from all teams in every division. We verify birthdates and grades by use of report cards to ensure that each child on the roster is in the fair division. All teams must have their certification books available to the MASON-DIXON BOWL Staff.